Light.Sight.Safety is a coalition of lighting suppliers endeavouring to:
- creating more awareness and understanding of the safety, comfort and environmental aspects of good quality automotive lighting amongst stakeholders at both public authorities and vehicle manufacturers;
- sharing findings as common positions.
The initiative thereby supports the continuous efforts of society to improve road safety and to be more environmentally friendly whilst enhancing driver comfort.
The activities of Light.Sight.Safety activities focus on:
- bridging the gap between the scientific community, lighting industry stakeholders and policy / rule makers;
- initiating, driving & funding scientific investigations on further road safety improvements enabled by car lighting;
- developing intelligence & communicating positions on car lighting as an enabler of road safety.
To realise its objectives, Light.Sight.Safety teams up with renowned technical universities and research institutes: state-of-the-art means such as Virtual Reality and Eye Tracking are used to gather objective data.
Scientific studies performed recently include:
- Glare Analysis of Intelligent Headlamp Systems
- Signalling for Automated Driving Systems
- Identification of the ideal position to label autonomous driving vehicles
- Need of marking vehicles running in automated mode in real traffic situations