This webinar will focus on current status and challenges in safety validation of automated vehicles as one of the key pieces to achieve a safer and more secure and transport system, as foreseen with the introduction of CAD on our roads.
The session will look into what is needed in order to create a commonly accepted safety validation framework. On-going work on harmonized test and validation methodologies will be presented as well as research activities that address the new technical challenges arising from higher levels of automation. The importance of the human factors and interaction design as a key element to ensure ”fair” reliance of systems will be brought up as well.
Host: Stéphane Dreher, ERTICO – ITS Europe
- Kelly Funkhouser – Consumer Reports, Program Manager, Vehicle Interface Testing, Head of Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Mikael Ljung Aust – Volvo Car Corporation, Driver behavior specialist
- Richard Schram – Euro NCAP, Technical Director
- Roland Galbas – Robert Bosch GmbH, Project Manager Chassis System Control – Advanced Engineering (CC/ENA)
- Álvaro Arrúe – Applus IDIADA, Project Manager, Connected and automated driving