As the new term of the European Commission and Parliament begins to take form, this event will look at what the key objectives should be of the European Union in advancing connected and automated driving. The event aims to identify and discuss some of the major challenges and opportunities and whether the EU and Member States are acting decisively enough from an industry, consumer and society perspective.
The event will take the form of a debate followed by a lunch buffet with a demonstration of new vehicle technologies.
Issues expected to be discussed include research and development needs, testing of vehicles on the road, legislative requirements in the area of vehicle communication and cyber security, consumer acceptance and road infrastructure.
10:00 Registration and welcome coffee
10:30 Introduction and keynote speeches
- Welcome by Barbara Schretter, Director of the Representation of the Free State of Bavaria to the EU
- Keynote speech by Gwenole
- Cozigou, Director for Industrial Transformation and Advanced Value Chains at DG GROW
- Setting the scene for vehicle connectivity and automation: Richard Cuerden, Director at TRL Academy
11:00 Panel discussion: What should be the priorities of the EU on CAD?
- Claire Depré, Head of Sustainable and Intelligent Transport Unit at DG MOVE, European Commission
- Laurianne Krid, Director General at FIA Region I
- Abayomi Otubushin, Corporate and Governmental Affairs, BMW Group (tbc)
- Sigrid de Vries, Secretary General, CLEPA
- Fazilet Cinaralp, Secretary General, ETRMA
12:10 Closing Speeches
- Speech by Maria Rautavirta, Director of Data Business Unit at the Finnish Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Closing remarks by Markus Ferber, Member of the European Parliament (tbc)
Moderation: Katrina Sichel
12:30-14:00 Lunch buffet with demonstrations of new CAD initiatives and technologies.