ENSEMBLE is part of the European Commission’s Horizon2020 programme. The main goal of the project is to pave the way for the adoption of multi-brand truck platooning in Europe to improve fuel economy, traffic safety and throughput. Trucks in a platoon are driven by smart technology and communicate mutually. Truck Platooning is innovative and full of promise and potential for the transport sector.
ENSEMBLE’s ambition was to realise pre-standards for interoperability between truck platoons and logistics solution providers, to speed up actual market pick-up of (sub)system development and implementation and to enable harmonisation of legal frameworks in the Member States.
The Final Event of the ENSEMBLE project will take place on Thursday 17th March, from 10:00 to 15:30. It will be an occasion to discuss the results and achievements of the project with high-level experts and speakers.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions for public gatherings in force in Belgium, the event will be livestreamed and participants can join the discussion online.
Click here to register and join the discussion.
10:00 Introduction by the moderator Carin ten Hage (Executive coach, Off the Map)
10:05 Welcome & Opening – Joost Vantomme (CEO, ERTICO – ITS Europe)
10:15 Keynote speeches
– Lydia Peeters (Flemish Minister of Mobility and Public Works)
– Georgios Sarros (Project officer, European Commission, CINEA)
10:45 Introduction to ENSEMBLE – Marika Hoedemaeker (Project coordinator, TNO)
11:05 Results from real life testing – Delia Willemsen (TNO)
11:25 ENSEMBLE Movie
11:35 Technical Speeches: “The impact of multi-brand platooning”
– On other road users – Christophe Jallais (Université Gustave Eiffel)
– On fuel consumption – Robin Vermeulen (TNO)
– On traffic flow – Kinjal Bhattacharyya (Université Gustave Eiffel)
13:15 Technical Speeches: “The future of multi-brand platooning”
– Platoon occurrence & matching – Ernst-Jan van Ark (TNO)
– Economic business case – Francois Combes (Université Gustave Eiffel)
– Future regulations – Carlos Lujan (APPLUS IDIADA)
14:20 Panel discussion with external stakeholders
15:00 Signature of the MoU – Frank Daems (ERTICO – ITS Europe)
15:15 Closing remark