Vacancy: Technical Regulations Officer
As Technical Regulations Officer within the Technical Department of CLEPA you will be predominantly dealing with complex technical and regulatory matters for cars, trucks, trailers, motorcycles and agricultural vehicles. You report to the Technical Director of CLEPA and your main tasks will include the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate the Association Working Groups and Task Forces;
- Follow up and monitor European and international technical regulations;
- Manage files and documentation on technical and regulatory issues;
- Prepare and communicate the association positions to sectoral partners, institutions and stakeholders;
- Maintain good relations with government representatives, relevant (European and International) authorities, institutions and regulatory bodies (such as the European Commission, United Nations, standardisation institutes, national authorities, universities) on behalf of CLEPA and the Industry;
- Organise international meetings and conferences.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
For this challenging and versatile function we will only consider candidates who have at least 5 years’ experience and a proven track record in either technical or regulatory affairs (such as protocols, standardisation, norms, type-approval, technical and legal provisions) at the national or European level within the automotive or related industries. Candidates should also fulfill the following additional requirements:
- Hold a university degree in engineering, technology or similar;
- Good understanding of the principles for system type-approval or technical product certification;
- Experience and/or interest of electro-technical issues is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with English being the working language. Knowledge of additional European languages (e.g. German, French) is an asset;
- Be a self-motivated team player with a great sense of taking initiative, operating within a small team of dedicated professionals;
- Willingness to travel regularly on short trips mostly within the EU.
WHAT DOES CLEPA OFFER YOU
- A highly interesting function in an international industry which is constantly evolving;
- A very dynamic role with direct exposure to the automotive industry, EU and other international institutions and associations;
- The possibility to become an expert and contribute to future European Automotive developments;
- A comprehensive salary package in line with age and experience;
- Additional advantages such as health insurance and pension scheme.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 March 2017. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In: CLEPA News