EC launches Call for tender for SME Study
On Friday July 22, the European Commission’s Directorate General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs (DG GROW) launched a Call for tender for a Study on the support system for SME supply chain due diligence.
The aim of this contract is to design a comprehensive small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) due diligence support system.
This support system should:
- contribute to achieving the objectives of the (forthcoming) Regulation setting up an EU system for supply chain due diligence self-certification of responsible importers of tin, tantalum and tungsten, their ores, and gold originating in conflict-affected and high-risk areas
- limit and/or offset the administrative burden imposed on SMEs by EU legislation on conflict minerals
- provide SMEs with due diligence capacity to remain competitive in increasingly conflict-free global supply chains.
To achieve its objective, the contract will deliver:
- sector analysis of EU SMEs importing 3TGs
- simplification of due diligence reporting obligations for SMEs
- design of a comprehensive support system for SMEs on due diligence.
Source: European Commission
In: CLEPA News, Connectivity & Automation, Growth & Competitiveness, Safety