Council Register – 18th month programme of the Council
This 18-month programme provides a forward looking agenda revolving around citizens’ expectations tackling together our common challenges, strengthening trust in the European Union, bringing it closer to citizens and – respecting the principles of Better Regulation – simplifying life and business by delivering tangible results. The programme’s focus and priorities reflect the European Council’s Strategic Agenda and the initiatives of the Joint Declaration on the EU’s legislative priorities for 2017. In line with the Rome Declaration the three Presidencies will also take forward the debate on the future of the EU at 27.
It is structured under the following titles:
- A Union for jobs, growth and competitivness
- А Union that empowers and protects all its citizens
- Towards an Energy Union with a forward-looking climate policy
- A Union of freedom, security and justice
- The Union as a strong global actor
Please follow the link to access the 18-month programme of the Council, prepared by the future Estonian, Bulgarian and Austrian Presidencies and the High Representative, Chair of the Foreign Affairs Council.