At the 7th International Conference “Drivetrain Solutions for Commercial Vehicles” on 13 and 14 October 2021 major players in the commercial vehicle sector will give an insight into the latest developments of powertrain solutions that solely run on battery power as well as concepts based on hybrid and conventional solutions.
In light of CO2 regulations getting more and more stringent, commercial vehicle manufacturers are faced with the development of alternatives to replace the conventional powertrain. Although a battery-powered solution is particularly attractive for city traffic, it does not seem to be doable for heavy commercial traffic due to capacity and weight-saving reasons – at least in the medium term. Therefore hybrid concepts and synthetic fuels are of crucial interest.
Main topics in 2021 will be:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions based on driveline optimization
- Discussion of new drive technologies: BEV, fuel cells, e-PTO
- Dimensions and scale of electrical component e.g. e-axles
- Best practices for the hybridization of commercial vehicles
- Future and improvements in efficiency of conventional powertrains
- Data and Security in the Drive System
- EE-architecture and Vehicle Integration